brainlid
In episode 90 of Thinking Elixir, we talk with Tetiana Dushenkivska, the creator of Elixir Cards, a series of Elixir flashcards with multiple ways to use them. We talk about why she created the cards, how they helped her, and how others have used them. We talk about learning models and the importance of repetition for memorizing things. Tetiana shares how LiveView is used in the creation of the cards and more! David shares how he used the cards for fun drills at meetups and Tetiana fondly recalls a tournament held at a previous Elixir conf. She also shares what she’s working on now for a future online learning system.
Trending in Podcasts
We recap ElixirConf US in Chicago, unveil this year’s AtomVM-powered Goatmire name badges, and dig into what happened after Pushin hit th...
New
New episode covering the full arc of Kip Cole’s 10-year localization and time work in Elixir - useful context for anyone using ex_cldr, T...
New
New episode with Tobias Pfeiffer (PragTob) covering Benchee’s design and the systematic mistakes that make most benchmarks misleading.
P...
New
New episode with Alex Koutmos covering the overlap between Elixir and financial systems - practically, architecturally, and historically....
New
Recorded live from Goatmire in Varberg, we recap the conference, its Nerves-powered orchestra, LED tree, and badges, and discuss José Val...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Exadra37
Wow, this podcast episode was so fun to listen to.
Now I feel the need to buy that Elixir cards… dam you guys
and well done @tetiana 
I feel sorry for what Tetiana must going through with the needless war in her home country. I really hope it ends soon.
marcelfahle
I got my first stack of cards just last week.
I’m excited to dig into the episode! Thanks, Mark!
tetiana
Comments like that keeps me motivated to carry on and do more and more! I’m so grateful for a feedback and suggestions. It helps to improve things and move them forward! 6 years since I’ve become a part of Elixir community and it still makes me proud to be part of it! Through being a busy mum, war in the country I’ve grown, the flashcard project helps me to stay positive and look on the bright side!