aidalgol

aidalgol

How do you peek and poke the (starting) data in a form? I thought it would be in the @changeset assign, but that seems to be an empty changeset until form submission.

I have a form for an application resource that has a one-to-many relationship with another record, and I am trying to use Drab to make the nested form dynamic, with add and remove buttons for this nested resource.

In more concrete terms to make this clearer (hopefully): the application is for managing a livestock auction-house. The main resource is “lots”, but the manager needs to detail each animal in a lot, so the lot schema has a has_many relationship with the “animal” schema. I have managed to get a nested form working with a hard-coded number of animals, and I’m trying to use Drab to give the form add and remove buttons on the animal nested form. I just can’t figure out what you poke when it comes to Ecto/Phoenix forms.

Showing Posts 1 to 2

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Yep. Are you trying to get the data that’s actively being typed into the form? Or when/where?

aidalgol

aidalgol OP

OK, I am dumb. The changeset as printed by IO.inspect appears empty because it does not recursively print the nested structs. When I peek @changeset and then pass the data field to IO.inspect, I see the changeset as passed to render/3 in the view.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews