Yurii
What could be the problem ?
[error] Postgrex.Protocol (pid<0.3054.0>) disconnected: ** (Postgrex.Error) FATAL 57P01 (admin_shutdown) terminating connection due to administrator command
Thanks! ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
joaoevangelista
I would guess someone or something with higher priority send a signal to terminate the postgres server, is it running local or on some cloud ?
stefanchrobot
If this is a Postgres instance in the cloud, this might be an automatic Postgres upgrade.
Yurii
This happens locally and in the cloud.
Yurii
This happens locally and in the cloud
csadewa
Could you connect to your local/cloud postgres instance via pgAdmin? Is it throwing error like that?
If it’s still throwing error like that when you use pgAdmin, then most likely there were problem on the database it self (this is out of my expertise though).
If it’s not throwing error when you use pgAdmin, then most likely your application is doing something which cause the database to shutdown when it’s starting up (i presume?), try looking around your start up code which connect to DB and try to isolate the cause.
csadewa
Googling around for Postgrex FATAL 57P01, it seems like an issue that happen when there were somekind of error (like connection pool exceeded, memory usage over limit), and thus postgres supervisor terminate postgres process.
There were old issue in Oban library which record this Oban seems to be bringing down my application · Issue #72 · oban-bg/oban · GitHub . But the issue has since fixed.
Yurii
This happens even when there is no query in the database
joaoevangelista
OP says it happens in cloud and locally, so installation might not be the problem, maybe the connection configuration, since the application is common between envs?
@Yurii could you paste your Repo configuration? parameters, pool size etc?
Yurii
config :my_app, MyApp.Repo,
adapter: Ecto.Adapters.Postgres,
database: System.get_env(“MYAPP_DB_NAME”),
username: System.get_env(“MYAPP_DB_USERNAME”),
password: System.get_env(“MYAPP_DB_PASSWORD”),
hostname: System.get_env(“MYAPP_DB_HOST”),
types: MyApp.PostgresTypes,
pool: Ecto.Adapters.SQL.Sandbox,
size: 20
joaoevangelista
Are you using this pool in development? Are these configs in the
dev.exsor intest.exs? If you are using these atdev.exsremove the pool configuration and try again, this pool is for test only.