hrishikeshchoudhari

hrishikeshchoudhari

I am using Pow on a blank Phoenix project, with all 4 extensions installed.

When a new user is registered, it is automatically signed in, and the session is set, without waiting for the email confirmation.

Phoenix v1.5.3 (project generated with --live)
Pow v1.0.20

In Feb 2020, I had tried this once, with only the PowEmailConfirmation extension, and it was working as expected.

I inspected every line, and it is per the documentation here - PowEmailConfirmation — Pow v1.0.39

Any help?

My router.ex:

defmodule LiveblogWeb.Router do
  use LiveblogWeb, :router
  use Pow.Phoenix.Router
  use Pow.Extension.Phoenix.Router,
    extensions: [PowEmailConfirmation, PowInvitation, PowPersistentSession, PowResetPassword]

  pipeline :browser do
    plug :accepts, ["html"]
    plug :fetch_session
    plug :fetch_live_flash
    plug :put_root_layout, {LiveblogWeb.LayoutView, :root}
    plug :protect_from_forgery
    plug :put_secure_browser_headers
  end

  pipeline :api do
    plug :accepts, ["json"]
  end

  pipeline :protected do
    plug Pow.Plug.RequireAuthenticated,
      error_handler: Pow.Phoenix.PlugErrorHandler
  end


  scope "/" do
    pipe_through :browser

    pow_routes()
    pow_extension_routes()
  end

  scope "/", LiveblogWeb do
    pipe_through [:browser, :protected]

    # live "/", PageLive, :index
    resources "/item", ItemController, except: [:index]
    # Add your protected routes here
  end

  scope "/", LiveblogWeb do
    pipe_through :browser

    resources "/", ItemController, only: [:index]
  end

Any help?

Showing Posts 1 to 5

danschultzer

danschultzer

Pow Core Team

Check if you got this in your Pow config:

config :my_app, :pow,
  user: MyApp.Users.User,
  repo: MyApp.Repo,
  extensions: [PowEmailConfirmation, PowInvitation, PowPersistentSession, PowResetPassword],
  controller_callbacks: Pow.Extension.Phoenix.ControllerCallbacks

And this in your user module:

defmodule MyApp.Users.User do
  use Ecto.Schema
  use Pow.Ecto.Schema
  use Pow.Extension.Ecto.Schema,
    extensions: [PowEmailConfirmation, PowInvitation, PowPersistentSession, PowResetPassword]

  # ...

  def changeset(user_or_changeset, attrs) do
    user_or_changeset
    |> pow_changeset(attrs)
    |> pow_extension_changeset(attrs)
  end
end

If both of the above are correctly set then I would look at the changeset to make sure that it isn’t overriding email confirmation handling.

hrishikeshchoudhari

hrishikeshchoudhari OP

Yes, both files seem correct.

My config.exs:

config :liveblog, :pow,
  user: Liveblog.Users.User,
  repo: Liveblog.Repo,
  mailer_backend: LiveblogWeb.Pow.Mailer,
  extension: [PowEmailConfirmation, PowInvitation, PowPersistentSession, PowResetPassword],
  controller_callbacks: Pow.Extension.Phoenix.ControllerCallbacks,
  web_module: LiveblogWeb,
  web_mailer_module: LiveblogWeb

config :liveblog, LiveblogWeb.Pow.Mailer,
  adapter: Swoosh.Adapters.Postmark,
  api_key: "****"

And the User module:

defmodule Liveblog.Users.User do
  use Ecto.Schema
  use Pow.Ecto.Schema
  use Pow.Extension.Ecto.Schema,
    extensions: [PowEmailConfirmation, PowInvitation, PowPersistentSession, PowResetPassword]

  schema "users" do
    pow_user_fields()

    timestamps()
  end

  def changeset(user_or_changeset, attrs) do
    user_or_changeset
    |> pow_changeset(attrs)
    |> pow_extension_changeset(attrs)
  end
end

Taken exactly as per the docs..

I would look at the changeset to make sure that it isn’t overriding email confirmation handling.

How do I do that?

hrishikeshchoudhari

hrishikeshchoudhari OP

Damn! Missed the pluralization for extensions in the config.exs file! Added the missing s and it is working correctly!

hrishikeshchoudhari

hrishikeshchoudhari OP

Offtopic - is there any way to catch errors like this in Elixir? Would Dialyzer help?

danschultzer

danschultzer

Pow Core Team

Unfortunately not. I would have to build config validation into Pow for that to work, but not sure if it’s a good idea, or possible, as Pow extensions might also use the config. The upside is that this is usually something you would catch very early on, and only has to be fixed once.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews