Hiive is a fintech startup building a marketplace for private pre-IPO companies. We are growing quickly and looking to hire a seasoned Elixir and React developer to our team. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in Elixir and working mastery of React. They will be the senior most technician on the team and own the architecture of the entire product. They will help elevate the quality of our product, our codebases, and the individual contributions of each team member. Please read the job posting (linked below) for more details!
My name: Logan Leger
My position: VP, Engineering
Company name: Hiive
Company website: https://www.hiivemarkets.com/
Company headquarters (country): Vancouver, Canada
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):
We’ve been using Elixir since day 1. We’re big fans of Elixir; our engineering organization is full of long-time Elixir developers, including myself and the CTO. Our backend, which has complex business logic powered by an event bus, has a large GraphQL schema powered by Absinthe. It serves a frontend built with TypeScript and React.
About the job
Job title: Principal Software Developer (Elixir/React)
As a Principal Developer at Hiive, you will be the senior most technician and a leader on the engineering team. You will build hands-on with the product and be a primary contributor. You will direct the efforts of your fellow engineers and level their skills. You will work directly with the executive and founding team to deliver core features of our application, create a robust, scalable and secure infrastructure, and build an excellent and supportive engineering culture.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience; the option for significant equity is available as part of a compensation package
Position on remote work: We are a remote-first, distributed team.
Qualifications or experience required:
We would expect qualified candidates to have architectural level expertise. This includes substantial experience working with Elixir and working mastery of React. Qualified candidates might have around 7 years of experience (this is illustrative but not a requirement).
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Architecting new feature sets in collaboration directly with the founding team
- Proactively finding new ways to improve the system and our team
- Leading implementations and mentoring other developers
- Perform code reviews
- Assist in the hiring process of a growing team
About the interview process
Please describe your interview process.
Our interview process has 3 rounds.
- A quick, 15-minute chat to get to know you and learn about your experience. You’ll also get a chance to learn about us, the job, and the team.
- A 90-minute technical interview where we’re collaborate on an implementation. This is a real-world engineering problem, not a puzzle. We’re trying to learn how you process requirements, ask questions, and approach work that approximates what you’ll do day-to-day.
- A 45-minute chat with the team you’ll be working with to make sure we’re a good fit for you and you’re a good fit for the team.
Please add any further info and how you’d like to be contacted here.
Feel free to DM me on the Elixir Slack with more questions! I am the hiring manager.
Learn more and apply on our job board: