Print compilation error line at fault

I feel like mix compile is no longer indicating me the line at which the compilation failed.

mix compile                                                                                                                                                                 
Compiling 11 files (.ex)

== Compilation error in file lib/projman/sales/ranked_order/priority.ex ==
** (ArgumentError) argument error

Should I visually scan the whole file to check for a syntax error?

Hi @chava can you provide more information? What is the output of elixir --version ?

elixir --version
Erlang/OTP 23 [erts-11.0.1] [source] [64-bit] [smp:1:1] [ds:1:1:10] [async-threads:1] [hipe]

Elixir 1.8.2 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 20)

OS is Centos

elixir --version
Erlang/OTP 23 [erts-11.0.1] [source] [64-bit] [smp:1:1] [ds:1:1:10] [async-threads:1] [hipe]

Elixir 1.8.2 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 20)

OS is Centos

Elixir 1.8.2 is not compatible with Erlang / OTP 23, I’m curious how you got that installed. You should try again with the latest Elixir version. (1.10.3)

2 Likes

Thank you Ben. Since it is Centos, I had to install from source to have the latest version.

git clone https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir.git
cd elixir
git checkout v1.10
make clean install

I guess I installed it from source the first time around. When I updated the system, Erlang upgraded automatically with no problems, but not Elixir.

Why not use asdf to install Erlang and Elixir? I’ve used that on CentOS VPS machines without issues.

1 Like

Will try it one of these days. Thank you.