hernancuy
Hello everybody, I’m creating an app service aggregator, I created some modules, my idea it’s one module create tasks and inside other module create the await and select only one task, after you select one task you will be get a mutex, but this is another history. So I’m using this modules, one is “App” and another is “Driver”, when you add the name of app, It goes to create some Task async, the names that I’m gonna use, are created by a random name creation line. Until now it’s working well, the issue comes, when I try to execute the async from another module, says that I’m sending two arguments, I modified the function to get two params but not works, how can I get this async from other modules ? =D thanks my friends
defmodule Tarea2 do
defmodule App do
@app Apps
#### Start agent
def start do
Agent.start_link(fn -> %{} end, name: @app)
end
#### Start tasks from app
def task(app) do
for x <- 0..4 do
name = Enum.take_random(alphabet = Enum.to_list(?a..?e), 5)
:timer.sleep(1000)
name = Task.async(fn ->
pid = self()
ms = Enum.random(1..1000)
info = "Codigo #{name} : Hernan Cuy, lugar x lugar y, 20000"
Agent.update(@app, fn state -> Map.put(state, x, info) end)
:timer.sleep(120000)
IO.puts "#{inspect(pid)} finished in #{ms}ms"
Agent.update(@app, fn state -> Map.delete(state, x) end)
end)
end
end
#### getNotifications
def getNotifications do
Agent.get(@app, fn state -> Map.values(state) end)
end
def taskReceiver(name) do
Task.await(name)
end
end
defmodule Central do
@name __MODULE__
#### Start the principal agent
def start do
Agent.start_link(fn -> {} end, name: @name)
end
#### Add apps and start tasks
def aggregator(app) do
Agent.update(@name, fn state ->
Tuple.append(state, app)
end)
Tarea2.App.task(app)
end
#### Get all apps
def getApps do
Agent.get(@name, fn state -> state end )
end
end
defmodule Driver do
@mut MutexRegion
defstruct [name: "John", matricula: 28]
def aggregator(app) do
Tarea2.Central.start
Tarea2.App.start
Tarea2.Central.aggregator(app)
end
def taskReceiver do
msg = Tarea2.App.getNotifications
end
def selectTask do
taskSelected = String.trim(IO.gets("Ingrese codigo de solicitud a atender: "))
Tarea2.App.taskReceiver(taskSelected)
#Mutex.await(@defstruct, mutex2_id)
#Process.sleep(1000)
#Mutex.release(@defstruct, mutex1_id)
end
end
end
Here the error
iex(4)> Tarea2.Dirver.selectTask
Ingrese codigo de solicitud a atender: bcdae
** (FunctionClauseError) no function clause matching in Task.await/2
The following arguments were given to Task.await/2:
# 1
"bcdae"
# 2
5000
Attempted function clauses (showing 1 out of 1):
def await(-%Task{ref: ref, owner: owner} = task-, timeout) when -timeout == :infinity- or is_integer(timeout) and timeout >= 0
(elixir 1.13.2) lib/task.ex:794: Task.await/2
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
kartheek
Task.await expects task to be passed - you are passing string. You may have to map name to a corresponding task.
hernancuy
I don’t know if I’m doing wrong this name creation so, because the idea here is create a name random, and this name gonna be the name task. This is the string that I’m passing in the code that you see.
Do I need to pass the name like an atom ?
Thank you Kartheek
kartheek
You are welcome @hernancuy .
I don’t think naming a task is possible and your code does not attempt it. It generated name and that name was overwritten by task returned by Task.async.
This is a naive implementation - i only addressed the name to task mapping part of it. Store name against corresponding task which was created in Agent state. Retrieve task for a given name and check if process is alive and await it if it is alive.
hernancuy
Oh, I see!!!, thank you my friend, you give me the light and the idea to do that. Thank you !!!