HAH

HAH

Im trying to create a project with membrane to convert an mp4-file to an hsl. I get this error message:
[error] Mp4ToHls/:parser_audio Error occured in Membrane Element:
** (MatchError) no match of right hand side value: <<64, 20, 0, 24, 0, 0, 1, 244, 0, 0, 1, 244, 0, 5, 128, 128, 128, 2, 17, 144>>

defmodule Mp4ToHls do
  use Membrane.Pipeline
  require Logger

  @input_file "/Users/samy/Desktop/voorstelling.mp4"
  @output_dir "output"

  def start_link(opts \\ []) do
    Membrane.Pipeline.start_link(__MODULE__, opts, name: __MODULE__)
  end

  @impl true
  def handle_init(_ctx, _opts) do
    File.rm_rf!(@output_dir)
    File.mkdir!(@output_dir)

    spec = [
      child(:source, %Membrane.File.Source{
        location: @input_file
      })
      |> child(:demuxer, Membrane.MP4.Demuxer.ISOM),
      get_child(:demuxer)
      |> via_out(:output, options: [kind: :video])
      |> child(:parser_video, %Membrane.H264.Parser{output_stream_structure: :annexb})
      |> via_in(Pad.ref(:input, :video),
        options: [encoding: :H264, segment_duration: Membrane.Time.seconds(4)]
      )
      |> get_child(:hls),
      get_child(:demuxer)
      |> via_out(:output, options: [kind: :audio])
      |> child(:parser_audio, %Membrane.AAC.Parser{})
      |> via_in(Pad.ref(:input, :audio),
        options: [encoding: :AAC, segment_duration: Membrane.Time.seconds(4)]
      )
      |> get_child(:hls),
      child(:hls, %Membrane.HTTPAdaptiveStream.SinkBin{
        manifest_module: Membrane.HTTPAdaptiveStream.HLS,
        target_window_duration: Membrane.Time.seconds(15),
        storage: %Membrane.HTTPAdaptiveStream.Storages.FileStorage{directory: @output_dir}
      })
    ]

    {[spec: spec], %{}}
  end

  @impl true
  def handle_child_notification({:track_playable, _track_info}, :hls, _context, state) do
    Logger.info("HLS playlist is ready.")
    send(:script, :playlist_ready)
    {[], state}
  end

  @impl true
  def handle_child_notification(notification, _element, _ctx, state) do
    Logger.debug("Notification received: #{inspect(notification)}")
    {[], state}
  end
end

Showing Posts 1 to 3

mat-hek

mat-hek

Membrane Core Team

Hmm, it works fine for me, so I suppose it’s related to the file you’re trying to convert. Can you share it too? Or at least output from ffprobe /Users/samy/Desktop/voorstelling.mp4

HAH

HAH OP

I now know that the problem was with the file, but I find it weird because the file has the right properties, ffmpeg -i "/Users/samy/Desktop/voorstelling.mp4"

ffmpeg version 7.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2024 the FFmpeg developers
  built with Apple clang version 16.0.0 (clang-1600.0.26.6)
  configuration: --prefix=/Users/samy/.local/share/mise/installs/ffmpeg/7.1
  libavutil      59. 39.100 / 59. 39.100
  libavcodec     61. 19.100 / 61. 19.100
  libavformat    61.  7.100 / 61.  7.100
  libavdevice    61.  3.100 / 61.  3.100
  libavfilter    10.  4.100 / 10.  4.100
  libswscale      8.  3.100 /  8.  3.100
  libswresample   5.  3.100 /  5.  3.100
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/Users/samy/Desktop/voorstelling.mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : mp42
    minor_version   : 1
    compatible_brands: isommp41mp42
    creation_time   : 2024-05-06T12:16:01.000000Z
  Duration: 00:00:16.42, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 10882 kb/s
  Stream #0:0[0x1](nld): Audio: aac (LC) (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 125 kb/s (default)
      Metadata:
        creation_time   : 2024-05-06T12:16:01.000000Z
        handler_name    : Core Media Audio
        vendor_id       : [0][0][0][0]
  Stream #0:1[0x2](und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p(tv, bt709, progressive), 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 10672 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 30k tbn (default)
      Metadata:
        creation_time   : 2024-05-06T12:16:01.000000Z
        handler_name    : Core Media Video
        vendor_id       : [0][0][0][0]`
mat-hek

mat-hek

Membrane Core Team

Yeah it looks correct, so it may be a bug in the demuxer or parser. Can you provide a full stacktrace?

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews