gilbertosj

gilbertosj

Sirs I’m trying to paginate, but I’m getting the following error.
A small note: There is no id column in the database.
Because this is an external query, I can not give mix ecto.create

Below I will show my files.

Error:

[info] Sent 500 in 1315ms
[error] pid<0.447.0> running GcallWeb.Endpoint (connection pid<0.433.0>, stream id 4) terminated
Server: localhost:4000 (http)
Request: GET /relatorios
** (exit) an exception was raised:
** (Protocol.UndefinedError) protocol Scrivener.Paginater not implemented for [%{accountcode: “”, amaflags: 3, …

struture

  def list_cdr do
  query_list_cdr = from e in Ecdr,
  select: %{calldate: e.calldate, accountcode: e.accountcode, amaflags: e.amaflags, billsec: e.billsec, channel: e.channel, clid: e.clid, dcontext: e.dcontext, disposition: e.disposition, dst: e.dst, dstchannel: e.dstchannel, duration: e.duration, lastapp: e.lastapp, lastdata: e.lastdata, src: e.src, uniqueid: e.uniqueid, userfield: e.userfield}

  Repo.all(query_list_cdr)
  end

view

defmodule GcallWeb.EcdrView do
  use GcallWeb, :view
  import Scrivener.HTML
end

controller

  def index(conn, params) do
    cdr = Structure.list_cdr()

    page = Structure.list_cdr
        |> Repo.paginate(params)

    render(conn, "index.html", cdr: page.entries, page: page)

  end

config

config :scrivener_html,
  routes_helper: GcallWeb.Router.Helpers

Template
<%= pagination_links @page, view_style: :bootstrap_v4, next: "Avançar", previous: "Voltar" %>

The only problem that happened was in this page, all the other pages that consult another table, which contains “id” works perfectly.

Showing Posts 1 to 6

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

The error message doesn’t seem to relate to whether or not there is an :id column.

You would need to put the call to paginate before Repo.all I think since the pagination for an ecto query is implemented as a sub-query.

If you want to paginate after the query has returned - which what you are currently doing - then you would use the Scrivener.List package.

Just remove the call to Repo.all/1 and you should be good to go.

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

Using your code:

def list_cdr do
  from e in Ecdr,
  select: %{
     calldate: e.calldate, accountcode: e.accountcode, amaflags: e.amaflags, 
     billsec: e.billsec, channel: e.channel, clid: e.clid, dcontext: e.dcontext, 
     disposition: e.disposition, dst: e.dst, dstchannel: e.dstchannel, 
     duration: e.duration, lastapp: e.lastapp, lastdata: e.lastdata, 
     src: e.src, uniqueid: e.uniqueid, userfield: e.userfield
  }

# Remove this line
# Repo.all(query_list_cdr)
end
kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

One final thought. Your query has no :order expression. Therefore the rows will be returned in a non-guaranteed order. Which will affect your pagination.

Also note that Scrivener does an offset/limit query which has its own challenges, especially on large tables in Postgres. It also can create confusing results if rows are inserted ahead of the current “page”.

You might consider reading the following for ideas and alternatives:

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

…, which also have their tradeoffs just like offset/limit based pagination :slight_smile:

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

Agreed- each strategy has its pros and cons.

I usually prefer, for forward pagination, a simple where unique_sequence_id > id_of_last_row_of_current_page limit page_size but there isn’t an obvious candidate in the provided query (as the author noted)

gilbertosj

gilbertosj OP

sorry for the delay,
everything went well.
Thank you

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews