shahryarjb

shahryarjb

Hello, I have read some post on internet like this:
https://medium.com/wecode-ng/how-to-install-bootstrap-on-phoenix-1-4-project-c8aa724dcdeb

but I still have problems to install bootstrap 4 in phoenix 1.4.

Step 1:

I went asset folder and run this commands

npm install --save  bootstrap
npm install --save jquery popper.js
npm install — save-dev file-loader

Step 2:

I went app.js file and added these lines:

import css from "../css/app.scss"
import "bootstrap"; 

Step 3:

Then I renamed the app.css to app.scss and added these lines:

@import "/css/fontawesome.min.css";
@import "~bootstrap/scss/bootstrap";

or

@import '../node_modules/bootstrap/scss/bootstrap';
@import '../node_modules/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.css';

Step 4

I edited my webpack.config.js

const path = require('path');
const glob = require('glob');
const MiniCssExtractPlugin = require('mini-css-extract-plugin');
const UglifyJsPlugin = require('uglifyjs-webpack-plugin');
const OptimizeCSSAssetsPlugin = require('optimize-css-assets-webpack-plugin');
const CopyWebpackPlugin = require('copy-webpack-plugin');

module.exports = (env, options) => ({
  optimization: {
    minimizer: [
      new UglifyJsPlugin({ cache: true, parallel: true, sourceMap: false }),
      new OptimizeCSSAssetsPlugin({})
    ]
  },
  entry: {
      './js/app.js': ['./js/app.js'].concat(glob.sync('./vendor/**/*.js'))
  },
  output: {
    filename: 'app.js',
    path: path.resolve(__dirname, '../priv/static/js')
  },
  module: {
    rules: [
      {
        test: /\.js$/,
        exclude: /node_modules/,
        use: {
          loader: 'babel-loader'
        }
      },
      {
        test: /\.scss$/,
        use: [
          MiniCssExtractPlugin.loader,
          {
            loader: 'css-loader',
            options: {}
          },
          {
            loader: 'sass-loader',
            options: {}
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  },
  plugins: [
    new MiniCssExtractPlugin({ filename: '../css/app.css' }),
    new CopyWebpackPlugin([{ from: 'static/', to: '../' }])
  ]
});

after that I run the iex -S mix phx.server but it can’t find app.scss and loads bootstrap.

how can I fix and install bootstrap 4 in phoenix 1.4?

Thanks

Showing Posts 1 to 2

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

You need more than file-loader to use sass, You also need sass-loader and node-sass.

That would be

npm install --save-dev sass-loader node-sass

You should show your package.json too.

I use this in webpack… it should not change anything, but it’s shorter.

      {
        test: /\.(scss|css)$/,
        use: [
          MiniCssExtractPlugin.loader,
          "css-loader",
          "sass-loader",
        ]
      },
shahryarjb

shahryarjb OP

after installing the line I think I have no problem.
Thanks.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews