shahryarjb

shahryarjb

Hello, I have read this post Importing js libs in files outside of main app.js and tried to import a js file and edited my webpack.config.js, but I still have this error: Uncaught Error: Cannot find module 'ckeditor'

Anyway, I tested it like these lines in app.js:

import {Ckeditor} from "ckeditor"
or
import 'ckeditor'; 
or
import {Ckeditor} from './ckeditor';
or
import "../js/ckeditor.js"

or the other way and my webpack.config.js is like this:

entry: {
      'app': glob.sync('./vendor/**/*.js').concat(['./js/app.js']),
      'ckeditor': ['./js/ckeditor.js'].concat(glob.sync('./vendor/**/*.js')),
    },

by the way, my js file is located in ‍asset/static/js‍ folder

Thanks, Please help me to import my js file.

Showing Posts 1 to 6

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

Static dir is meant for files not going through webpack bundling…

Instead, You should simply add the package.

npm i ckeditor --prefix assets/
shahryarjb

shahryarjb OP

I used your command in /elixir/apps/mishka_html/assets way and this is the result

/elixir/apps/mishka_html/assets # npm i ckeditor --prefix assets/
npm WARN deprecated ckeditor@4.12.1: We have renamed the @ckeditor package. New versions are available under the @ckeditor4 name.
npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/elixir/apps/mishka_html/assets/assets/package.json'
npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/elixir/apps/mishka_html/assets/assets/package.json'
npm WARN assets No description
npm WARN assets No repository field.
npm WARN assets No README data
npm WARN assets No license field.

+ ckeditor@4.12.1
added 1 package from 1 contributor and audited 1 package in 8.348s
found 0 vulnerabilities

it shows me ckeditor@4.12.1, but my ckeditor version is 5 not 4 :thinking:

and now how can I load it on my app.js file

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

The --prefix assets is meant to be run from the root of the project.

If You are already inside assets, do not use the parameter…

And if You are looking for version 5, the package is ckeditor5.

shahryarjb

shahryarjb OP

Thanks I did it again

/elixir/apps/mishka_html/assets # npm i ckeditor --prefix
npm WARN invalid config prefix=true
npm WARN invalid config Must be a valid filesystem path
npm WARN deprecated ckeditor@4.12.1: We have renamed the @ckeditor package. New versions are available under the @ckeditor4 name.
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.13 (node_modules/watchpack-chokidar2/node_modules/fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.13: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"x64"})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@2.3.2 (node_modules/fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@2.3.2: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"x64"})

+ ckeditor@4.12.1
updated 1 package and audited 920 packages in 19.041s

55 packages are looking for funding
  run `npm fund` for details

found 4 vulnerabilities (3 moderate, 1 high)
  run `npm audit fix` to fix them, or `npm audit` for details

now how can I load this in my app js file ?

shahryarjb

shahryarjb OP

after this I load it like this import {ClassicEditor} from "ckeditor" but I have this error Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'create' of undefined unfortunately

shahryarjb

shahryarjb OP

finally Im forced to use like this import ClassicEditor from "../static/js/ckeditor" and it works for me

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews