Problem While installing Elixir for vs code

Hi ! I ws as trying to install elixir on my windows so i successfully installed it and i can see my elixir IDE showing on my start menu.

Now i was trying to setup my vs code for Elixir so I installed one extension named : ElixirLS: Elixir support and debugger

Now i was trying to create a new file named : elixir1.exs
and i was trying to run it on my terminal of vs code using this command : elixir elixir1.exs

PS D:\BE.MECHATRONICS\Elixir> elixir elixir1.exs
elixir : The term 'elixir' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, 
or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ elixir elixir1.exs
+ ~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (elixir:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

pls help me out !!

How did you install it? From here: Installing Elixir - The Elixir programming language ? If so, with the installer or scoop?

And what do you mean by “Elixir IDE” in your start menu. There is no Elixir IDE.

May be you’ll have to restart your system and it may work or else you have to set the environment path variable for elixir in windows.

You can google it ** How to set the path and environment variables in Windows**

Is your issue creating files or are you not sure whether Elixir is installed in the first place?
For the latter, open the terminal in VScode and type ‘elixir -v’ and you should get something like the following

PS C:> elixir -v
Erlang/OTP 24 [erts-12.3.2.2] [source] [64-bit] [smp:12:12] [ds:12:12:10] [async-threads:1] [jit]

Elixir 1.13.4 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 22)

You can always just go into your folder using the explorer and make a new file and just call it elixir1.exs btw

yes it worked after restarting it

and yes i am getting this thing after restarting my system
this is what i an getting

PS D:\BE.MECHATRONICS\Elixir> elixir -v
Erlang/OTP 25 [erts-13.0.4] [source] [64-bit] [smp:6:6] [ds:6:6:10] [async-threads:1] [jit:ns]

Elixir 1.14.0 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 25)
PS D:\BE.MECHATRONICS\Elixir>

I used installer and for IDE i means this thing