wolfiton
Hello everyone,
I have a problem in using hound to create a simple acceptance test following this https://shankardevy.com/phoenix-inside-out-mpf/#setting-up-hound
Even thought i followed all the instructions I am getting a failure:
mango mix test ./test/mango_web/acceptance/homepage_test.exs\
1) test presence of featured products (MangoWeb.HomepageTest)
test/mango_web/acceptance/homepage_test.exs :7
Assertion with =~ failed
code: assert page_source() =~ "Seasonal products"
left: "<html><head></head><body></body></html>"
right: "Seasonal products"
stacktrace:
test/mango_web/acceptance/homepage_test.exs :10: (test)
Finished in 0.3 seconds
1 test, 1 failure
Also i am using phantomjs like this
phantomjs --wd
Here is the github repo with all the code i have for chapter 3 https://github.com/wolfiton/hound-problem-ch3
Thanks in advance
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
wolfiton
Quote form the book
But i did configure it.
And i am running it like this:
First i run in a terminal tab in Ubuntu
phantomjs --wdThen in a new tab I run the test
mix test ./test/mango_web/acceptance/homepage_test.exsOpened an issue on hound github also Problem with acceptance test in hound not starting server on port 4001 in phoenix · Issue #242 · HashNuke/hound · GitHub
wolfiton
If anyone needs a solution to this problem follow the steps:
I assume also that you installed phantomjs using
sudo apt-get install phantomjsalready in UbuntuIf you did not then don;t use step 1 the following steps are applicable
Step 1
sudo apt-get remove --purge phantomjsThis command will remove phantomjs and all it’s configuration files in one go(you need root password for sudo action)Step 2 Head over to Download PhantomJS and download the Linux 32 or Linux 64 archive
then open a terminal and navigate to where you file has been downloaded using cd(most common place is Downloads so cd ~/Downloads should do it)
Step 3
tar xjvf phantomjs-2.1.1-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2after extraction you should get a folder with the same nameStep 4
cd ~/Downloads/phantomjs-2.1.1-linux-x86_64/bin(this can be done in one line using cp but preferred this method for clarity reasons)Step 5
sudo cp -R./phantomjs /usr/local/binThis command copies the phantomjs executable binary to the usr/local/binStep 6 Verify
which pahntomjsthe result should beusr/local/bin/phantomjsNow you are good to go.
Good reads and ref
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/how-to-extract-a-tar-bz2-file-161371/