Kallebhalf
Hi! I am using Bamboo to send some emails with the SES Adapter (the email service from AWS).
To make authentication for the service the lib ex_aws is used, I use the default configuration for that, the environment variables for access_id and secret. But when I try to send an email I receive:
{:error,
%Bamboo.ApiError{
message: "{:http_error, 403, %{body: \"<ErrorResponse xmlns=\\\"http://ses.amazonaws.com/doc/2010-12-01/\\\">\\n <Error>\\n <Type>Sender</Type>\\n <Code>SignatureDoesNotMatch</Code>\\n <Message>The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your AWS Secret Access Key and signing method. Consult the service documentation for details.\\n\\nThe Canonical String for this request should have been\\n'POST\\n/\\n\\ncontent-encoding:identity\\ncontent-type:application/x-www-form-urlencoded\\nhost:email.us-east-1.amazonaws.com\\nx-amz-date:20210414T180110Z\\n\\ncontent-encoding;content-type;host;x-amz-date\\n54d5034558ac42946873e79cc6419df4b7a69a32f7d5ea0882407624ce5e8eae'\\n\\nThe String-to-Sign should have been\\n'AWS4-HMAC-SHA256\\n20210414T180110Z\\n20210414/us-east-1/ses/aws4_request\\nbc72f280b3b6ac7682921ce7b6f8582ed3382be4d3dd93bf6ca0da7186378c61'\\n</Message>\\n </Error>\\n <RequestId>fdfa8be6-39f9-4482-b0d5-442b6471de0c</RequestId>\\n</ErrorResponse>\\n\", headers: [{\"Date\", \"Wed, 14 Apr 2021 18:01:11 GMT\"}, {\"Content-Type\", \"text/xml\"}, {\"Content-Length\", \"919\"}, {\"Connection\", \"keep-alive\"}, {\"x-amzn-RequestId\", \"fdfa8be6-39f9-4482-b0d5-442b6471de0c\"}], status_code: 403}}"
}}
Note: When I use temp credentials from AWS the email is sent, but its temporary credentials, won’t long for production use.
Somebody who uses AWS’s services in Elixir had faced this?
Thanks in advance.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex









