bodhilogic
I am attempting to use the prefix: attribute in my queries so that I can control which mySQL database I am reading/writing from.
When I attempt a Repo.get_by() call, Elixir moans that t.prefix doesn’t exist (or something similar to that) - Ecto thinks the prefix: attribute is a table field (column) and not the indication of which database to query.
Repo.get_by(Ticket, ticket: ticket_params[:ticket], prefix: "other_db")
The prefix: attribute seems(?) to work okay with other query types like Repo.insert!(prefix: "other_db") or Repo.get!(Ticket, id, prefix: "other_db") or Repo.all(prefix: "other_db"), etc.
What am I doing wrong?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
fmcgeough
Can you post Ecto version info from your mix.exs file?
and mysql library as well.
benwilson512
You need to wrap the parameters you’re getting by in a list instead of using the last arg syntax sugar:
What you have is being interpreted as:
fmcgeough
ah..right.. so the 2nd param is a Keyword. so prefix: “other_db” is just another element in the 2nd param Keyword List.
bodhilogic
I’ll give it a shot - what you are saying makes sense to me.
I’ve made the code changes but I can’t test it until tomorrow because my ‘process’ has already been run for today so my code won’t attempt to do anything.
I’ll let everyone know tomorrow (7 Mar 2019), if it worked or not.
bodhilogic
bodhilogic
I created another server and in the process was able to run my changed code.
Bracketing the query parameters as suggested by benwilson512 worked a treat!!
Thanks.