Alia
why i’m getting this while configuration?
** (Postgrex.Error) ERROR 58P01 (undefined_file) could not open extension control file "/usr/share/postgresql/14/extension/postgis.control": No such file or directory
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sergio
You probably have to install the postgis extension on Postgres. That error has nothing to do with Elixir. I would start by looking at that and confirm postgis is installed on your database, then circle back to elixir. Try to minimize the surface area for the bugs as you troubleshoot.
Alia
i am getting this error while running this migration.
Alia
What’s wrong with Geo? can’t we use it for this purpose?
kip
Have you installed postgis?
Alia
yes actually i am getting the same error while installing postgis.
dimitarvp
Show us how you’re instaling postgis?
Alia
yeah i solved this error actually there was a postgres version issue.
Thanks everyone for your help.
sergio
Post what you did for others always a good habit
Rodeoclash
It’d be useful to get the solution here as I’m having exactly the same problem!
I’m using the official PostGIS docker container, the file seems to exist. Heck, I can
psqlinto the running server and execute theCREATE EXTENSIONwithout error but doing it via the migration seems to blow everything upAlia
have you installed Postgis ? if not the following command will work,
sudo apt -y install postgresql-11sudo apt-get install postgresql-11-postgis-3-scriptsAfter installing postgis with these commands hopefully you can create postgis extension via migrations file successfully.