JILL24
if i want to use GenRegistry library (GitHub - discord/gen_registry: Simple and efficient local Process Registry · GitHub) in production. all erlang nodes are connected in a ring. all nodes are set connect_all false and manually connected in hash ring.and we have to use Send function to send mesaage to pids in different different nodes. i will send this local node to ets table in distributed systen by using hashing ans :rpc.call.
GenRegistry registered pid with id in local node ets table and many users register their pid with id in different different nodes. now tell me how Send will send message to another node pid because, it is possible to for two pid be same in different different nodes.
now please solve this problem?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hst337
pid’s are not the same on different nodes. Local pids look the same, but as soon as they sent, they are transparently converted to remote pids.
For example,
#PID<0.123.0>is a local pid. When you send it to another node, it will start looking like#PID<3.123.0>. First number here indicates internal representation of other node’s ID. So this#PID<3.123.0>must be read like “proccess with ID 123 from external node with ID 3”GenRegistryis local. That means that each name you give to the process can be resolved only locally (by someone who has the access toGenRegistry’s local process, to be precise)JILL24
if i am using consistant hash ring which also manage vnode, and i use GenRegistry in apllication.ex in main supervisor because it will create Local Registry ets table in all nodes and when i register pid in local and then copy pid and use in shared database then if i send this in node 3 shared ets table from local node then tell me, pid will become like this pid<0.123.0> to pid<3.123.0>?