Kamilov-glitch
Hello people, I was planning to update my Erlang and elixir versions. For that, I just removed the older versions I had and then installed the newer versions of Erlang and Elixir. Now the problem is afterward (after updating PATH) when I run erl on the command line I got this error:
Cannot find file at 'c:\program files\erlang otp\erts-13.1.3\bin\erl.exe' (c:\program files\erlang otp\erts-13.1.3\bin\erl.exe). This usually indicates a missing or moved file.
I decided to remove everything elixir and erlang related, I uninstalled both of them, I removed elixir and erlang from PATH and I also made sure I removed them from Registry Editor and restarted the computer. Despite all that I still get the same error when running erl on command line or powershell. What could be the issue there?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
cmo
You’ve completely removed it and you’re getting that error? That error seems to think some things are still around.
You’ve restarted your shell since removing it? There isn’t some shortcut laying around is there? Did you use the uninstaller or delete things manually? Are there files in
c:/program files/Erlang otp? Did you kill your editor, epmd etc before uninstalling?Kamilov-glitch
Hey, thanks a lot for taking your time to answer.
I restarted whole computer and yes the shell too. I uninstalled erlang from control panel. There is nothing in c:/program files/Erlang otp (more importantly there is no var in PATH that is leading there). No editor was open before removing erlang.
cmo
So how does it know to look in that directory when you enter
erlon the command line?Kamilov-glitch
I figured it out, it was the shimi file (or whatever it is called) added by chocolatey. I found it by searching for anything that matched the keywords: erlang and erl. Removed it manually and then installed the erlang and elixir again, works just fine now.