wwaldner
I have a Phoenix application that I have setup to create a RTP session with LiveView server. LiveView currenty handles the signaling part and I am getting the RTP packets on my LiveView. ![]()
Now, I am trying to figure out the best way to process the media packets. I see two options.
- Use membrane with a custom source element that take the RTP/Opus packets and builds up a pipeline to do whatever processing needs to be done.
- Use boombox(this would be my preference). But I don’t see how to create the input that boombox needs. The WebRTC input takes a signaling server(which I have already taken care of). Not sure how to get the RTP packets into boombox so it can create the output. Perhaps I could use
Membrane.WebRTC.SignalingChannel, to handle the signalling part and then pass that to BoomBox…However, I have not figured out how the SignalingChannel gets used. Could I start this in my LiveView and pass the signaling messages from client to the SignalingChannel?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mat-hek
Hi, the Membrane way will work, but the SignalingChannel way won’t. The SignalingChannel proxies WebRTC session negotiation messages only - then the RTP messages don’t go through it, but directly to Boombox/WebRTC source. What you would need is Boombox accepting plain RTP. We’re working on that right now, but we also decided it’s high time we paid some tech debt in the Membrane’s RTP implementation, so it may take a month or two.
kingdomcoder
Hey @wwaldner
I’m trying something similar to what you’ve described here. Curious what direction you eventually took.
I noticed the
rtpoption has been added to boombox. Perhaps that’d be useful to you.Do you mind sharing how you achieved this? Examples of membrane apps seem a bit sparse.
wwaldner
I ended up going a different direction. Instead of using WebRTC in browser I just capture the audio recorder, downsample to 16k and send it to LiveView.