ssss

ssss

Hello, I successfully implemented the whole GenStage & Flow thingy, it is really awesome, so I want to continue with it for the next job:

Imagine you have a variable number of events (let’s say in chunks of 30s). They need to know about the past(-30s) and the future events (+30s) in order to be correctly parsed.
So first batch contains 90s worth of events (“past”, “to be parsed” and “future”).
Second batch contains the ( “to be parsed” as past, “future” is now present and new 30s that are the future)
etc..

The problem i found is I’m not able to tell Flow that he has all the events needed to execute on_trigger/, as far as I know, I need the event count(variable) or the timestamp (there is overlapping) or the executing time (again, variable)

I also tried to “hack it” by setting a count=1 for the window and send it all the needed events at once by sending [events]. But then, in the consumer, I’m not able to do something like real_events = List.first(events) before the pipeline starts.

This can be done using Flow? if so, any tips?. Thanks a lot! I’m really struggling with this one :blush:

Showing Posts 1 to 1

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

My GenStage and Flow are extremely rusty so I can’t help you directly. But I have to ask: do you need the back pressure mechanisms?

If not, what you need can be achieved with Stream and Task.async_stream relatively easily.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews