Productive Programmer: Phoenix 1.7 LiveView

Are there any prerequisites for doing your courses @Ry753? Do you recommend people read the Elixir docs or an Elixir book as well as the Phoenix docs or something like Programming Phoenix before starting them? Or do you cover everything needed? (Might be worth adding this to the first post as well :))

Hi AstonJ,

Thanks for reaching out! It appears I cannot edit the first post so I was going to wait until I had my thoughts collected to ask for your assistance with this. Please feel free to modify as you see fit :slight_smile:

No prerequisites are required, students may start with the crash course on the website and from there ProductiveProgrammer.com provides both an all encompassing path so students can stick to just one resource (our site) while also providing additional recommendations of where students can expand their understanding in documentations and other guides if they want to go further on a topic outside of our courses. But the true secret and beauty is the feedback loop… Students help drive the future direction of courses and lessons by providing feedback, engagement, and requests for awesome future lessons in the topics they are interested in.

Everyone can benefit from the Crash Course & all Students who join for paid access can also access the Phoenix LiveView lessons for the Chat App, Medium.com like Clone, and Ecto & Database Course. I also have a productivity course which has been a hit to boost personal and professional productivity.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great stuff Ryan, added this to the thread:

Do I need to know Elixir before starting this course?

No prerequisites are required, students may start with our crash course and from there we provide both an all encompassing path so students can stick to just one resource (our site) while also providing additional recommendations of where students can expand their understanding in documentations and other guides if they want to go further on a topic outside of our courses. Students also help drive the future direction of courses and lessons by providing feedback, engagement, and requests for future lessons about topics they are interested in.

Let me know if it needs editing :023:

2 Likes

Thank you Aston,

I have just restructured the course offerings at ProductiveProgrammer.com and price offers to allow for greater accessibility and learning options.

For all ElixirForum.com members I have created the exclusive coupon codeELIXIRFORUM” without the quotes for a special discount at checkout :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Ry753,
Congrats on the launch!

Do the courses assume previous knowledge of Phoenix or Liveview?
I just finished working through Elixir in Action and want to jump into web development with Elixir, but have no experience with Phoenix/Liveview yet.

Cheers!

Hi @cmplx96

Thank you for reaching out and happy to have you onboard!

No prior experience is assumed with Phoenix or LiveView at this time. The courses should be very approachable based on my opinion and student feedback, I talk through the Phoenix and LiveView concepts (even the basic parts) as I am coding and typing in the lessons.

Sincerely,
Ryan

1 Like