Programming Phoenix ≥ 1.4 - release date? (Update: beta out now!)

Don’t take things for granted. Dave Thomas is in a special position inside of the Pragmatic Bookshelf and even then it was still generous of him to offer the free eBook upgrade. Ultimately people deserve to be rewarded/remunerated for their efforts. [quote=“rkma, post:4, topic:2469, full:true”]
I was going to buy the ebook from the pragprog website now, but then I saw this. Do you really get the updated version or should I just wait?
[/quote]
You would have to wait at least to next May, possibly later. This isn’t a reference book but more a guided tour of the framework by the way of working on a small project, so you should be perfectly fine with the current edition as long as you restrict yourself to Phoenix 1.1.6 so that you avoid problems like this. After that you should be perfectly capable of catching up on the updates via the framework documentation.

You could wait to see if Pragmatic Bookshelf will have a (40% off) Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale (which may or may not work in combination with the 25% site discount).

2 Likes