sfrances
I have an application which has PropCheck tests. I am now trying to build a command line for this program. However, when I try to run the built escript, I get the following:
16:50:39.136 [info] Application propcheck exited: exited in: PropCheck.App.start(:normal, [])
** (EXIT) an exception was raised:
** (UndefinedFunctionError) function Mix.Project.config/0 is undefined (module Mix.Project is not available)
Mix.Project.config()
(propcheck 1.4.0) lib/mix.ex:11: PropCheck.Mix.counter_example_file/0
(propcheck 1.4.0) lib/app.ex:51: PropCheck.App.counter_example_file/0
(propcheck 1.4.0) lib/app.ex:34: PropCheck.App.populate_application_env/0
(propcheck 1.4.0) lib/app.ex:12: PropCheck.App.start/2
(kernel 8.0.2) application_master.erl:293: :application_master.start_it_old/4
16:50:39.150 [info] Application libgraph exited: :stopped
16:50:39.150 [info] Application proper exited: :stopped
16:50:39.151 [info] Application iex exited: :stopped
ERROR! Could not start application propcheck: exited in: PropCheck.App.start(:normal, [])
** (EXIT) an exception was raised:
** (UndefinedFunctionError) function Mix.Project.config/0 is undefined (module Mix.Project is not available)
Mix.Project.config()
(propcheck 1.4.0) lib/mix.ex:11: PropCheck.Mix.counter_example_file/0
(propcheck 1.4.0) lib/app.ex:51: PropCheck.App.counter_example_file/0
(propcheck 1.4.0) lib/app.ex:34: PropCheck.App.populate_application_env/0
(propcheck 1.4.0) lib/app.ex:12: PropCheck.App.start/2
(kernel 8.0.2) application_master.erl:293: :application_master.start_it_old/4
Googling around, I tried adding runtime: false to propcheck’s options in my mix.exs. Now the CLI works fine, but mix test won’t work.
== Compilation error in file test/analytic_tableaux_props_test.exs ==
** (exit) exited in: GenServer.call(PropCheck.CounterStrike, {:counter_example, {AnalyticTableauxPropsTest, :"property_a simple formula proves itself", []}}, 5000)
** (EXIT) no process: the process is not alive or there's no process currently associated with the given name, possibly because its application isn't started
(elixir 1.12.2) lib/gen_server.ex:1014: GenServer.call/3
(propcheck 1.4.0) lib/properties.ex:151: PropCheck.Properties.tag_property/1
test/analytic_tableaux_props_test.exs:5: (module)
(stdlib 3.15.2) erl_eval.erl:685: :erl_eval.do_apply/6
(elixir 1.12.2) lib/kernel/parallel_compiler.ex:428: Kernel.ParallelCompiler.require_file/2
(elixir 1.12.2) lib/kernel/parallel_compiler.ex:321: anonymous fn/4 in Kernel.ParallelCompiler.spawn_workers/7
Any help very much appreciated.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dimitarvp
Shooting in the dark here, did you try specifying
only: [:dev, :test]inmix.exs? IMO you can delete theruntime: falseoption.sfrances
Thanks. Unfortunately I already had those settings in the beginning. It was that setting that led to the first error.
sfrances
Found a solution: if I just put
only: [:test]that works. Thanks again.dimitarvp
Oh yeah, my mistake. I was thinking about
dialyzerand not a testing library.only: [:test]is indeed the right thing to do.