shotleybuilder

shotleybuilder

Hi

A curious error has arisen in a previously functional piece of code. I have a route that looks like this:

get "/:type/:year/:number", MyController, :show

I’ve been using this path helper successfully for ages:

<%= link( to: my_path( @conn, :show, type, year, number ) ) do %>

But now it throws the above error. I’ve commented out the line so I know it’s the offending clause. I’ve also upgraded to 1.4 so it now looks like

<%= link( to: Routes.my_path( @conn, :show, type, year, number) ) do %>

Same error.
This will be super simple fix I’m sure …

Showing Posts 1 to 3

shotleybuilder

shotleybuilder OP

Found this Defining multiple routes paths on the same controller and action is failing · Issue #2864 · phoenixframework/phoenix · GitHub

May be related to the order with which my routes are defined in the router …

#Routes.my_path helper
#contents
get “/:type/:year/:number/contents”, MyController, :contents
#section
get “/:type/:year/:number/section/:section_number”, MyController, :show
#group
get “/:type/:year/:number/group/:group_number”, MyController, :show
#part
get “/:type/:year/:number/part/:part_number/chapter/:chapter_number”, MyController, :show
get “/:type/:year/:number/part/:part_number”, MyController, :show
#schedule
get “/:type/:year/:number/schedules”, MyController, :schedules
get “/:type/:year/:number/schedule/:schedule_number/paragraph/:paragraph_number”, MyController, :show
get “/:type/:year/:number/schedule/:schedule_number”, MyController, :show
#whole
get “/:type/:year/:number”, MyController, :show

shotleybuilder

shotleybuilder OP

I’ve rehashed the routes and given them unique defs in the controller. Think it’s fixed!

#Routes.my_path helper
#contents
get "/:type/:year/:number/contents", MyController, :contents
#section
get "/:type/:year/:number/section/:section_number", MyController, :section
#group
get "/:type/:year/:number/group/:group_number", MyController, :group
#part
get "/:type/:year/:number/part/:part_number/chapter/:chapter_number", MyController, :part_chapter
get "/:type/:year/:number/part/:part_number", MyController, :part
#schedule
get "/:type/:year/:number/schedules", MyController, :schedules
get "/:type/:year/:number/schedule/:schedule_number/paragraph/:paragraph_number", MyController, :schedule_paragraph
get "/:type/:year/:number/schedule/:schedule_number", MyController, :schedule
#whole
get "/:type/:year/:number", MyController, :show
OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

For note, that generally happens when a call became ambiguous (parameter count changed), in which case following it up with an empty parameter arg fixes it and makes it unambiguous. :slight_smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews