mbenatti
Hello folks,
I’m thinking to write a service to scrape data from a website, but the first requirement is to use some Proxy to change ip address per request.
I would love to hear about ideas of how to do it using Elixir/Plug/Phoenix.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
idi527
Plug and Phoenix are wrappers around http servers, not http clients. And for scraping you probably need an http client. So you can use something like HTTPoison which seems to have some support for proxies.
NobbZ
That sounds concerning - don’t scrape unless you have permission by the site owner. It’s best to ask for a proper API instead.
mbenatti
Thanks for the information.
I have permission to scrape but some sites doesn’t have the proper API, so I need a better ideas to handle with IP’s
NobbZ
Since you have the permission, why would you need to change IPs?
Shrike
I’ll ignore the permissions issues, and send you to https://luminati.io they can give you basically everything you need except google searches
mbenatti
bureaucracy, the site have a third party dns/firewall that allow only a small amount of request’s.
but its not illegal to use more than one ip to get data.
NobbZ
So have you considered using the TOR network then? Most public proxies still have a single IP, and you’d need to round robin them (or what is the proper word here?) In your program. But then you might also hit limits of the proxy in the number of requests, or some might be paid, and maybe other important data points which your program needs to consider when choosing which proxy from the pool to use next.
Nemon
Good guy Shrike. Indeed, Luminati is cool. However, I found a cheaper alternative with kinda even higher success rates Smartproxy. Check it out in the future.