dmitriid

dmitriid

At one point I’ll wrap my head around the new changes to resource attributes in Ash, I promise :slight_smile:

Meanwhile here’s an issue I have:

module Quire.Blog.Page do
  actions do
    defaults [
      :read,
      :destroy,
      create: [
        :title,
        :slug,
        :raw,
        :rendered,
        :is_published,
        :published_at,
        :is_tag,
        :toc,
        :settings,
        :is_archived,
        :is_private,
        :show_on_timeline,
        :language
      ]
    ]
    action :duplicate, :struct do
      argument :page_id, :uuid
      transaction? true

      run fn query, _context ->
        id = query.arguments.page_id

        {:ok, page} =
          __MODULE__.get(id)
          |> Ash.load([:media, :tags, :pages, :external_scripts])

        new_page = %{
          page
          | id: nil,
            is_published: false,
            published_at: nil,
            slug: nil,
            is_private: false
        }

        {:ok, new_page} = new_page |> Map.from_struct() |> __MODULE__.create()
        ...
    end
end

This action will fail in create because the input will have quite more fields than just listed attributes: it will have all the calculated fields, and all the aggregations etc.

This worked in Ash 2.x, but now fails in Ash 3.0 with %Ash.Error.Invalid.NoSuchInput for every calculation, aggregate etc. in the provided map.

Is their a fast way to convert this into a proper changeset with inputs. E.g. by filtering only on keys available to the action?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

dmitriid

dmitriid OP

I’ve solved it by

        new_page =
          page
          |> Map.from_struct()
          |> Map.take(@create_attributes)

        new_page = %{
          new_page
          | is_published: false,
            published_at: nil,
            slug: nil,
            is_private: false
        }

        {:ok, new_page} = new_page |> __MODULE__.create()

where @create_attributes contains all the necessary fields

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

You can also tell Ash what keys to ignore in cases that they are missing:

inputs = new_page |> Map.from_struct()
{:ok, new_page} =  __MODULE__.create(inputs, skip_unknown_inputs: Map.keys(inputs))

With that said, being more explicit as you are showing is always better :+1:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews