avilesj
Hello community.
I am trying to perform the following query in Ecto
SELECT *
FROM table t
where ARRAY[2, 12] <@ list_of_ids ;
The closest I have gotten to is
from t in Table,
where: fragment("ARRAY[?] <@ ?", ^list_of_ids, r.list_of_ids)
Performing this query returns the error
(Postgrex.Error) ERROR 42883 (undefined_function) operator does no
t exist: text[] <@ integer[]
Now, I am confident the value of ^list_of_ids is a list of integers. Even so, if I hard code the values in the fragment, it works.
from t in Table,
where: fragment("ARRAY[?] <@ ?", [2,12], r.list_of_ids)
Last night I was searching about similar queries and the only similar issue I was able to find was this one in SO..
I made it work through raw query → Repo.load but I would like to know the real syntax for this operation.
So, my question is:
What is the proper Ecto syntax to accomplish what I am trying to do?
Thank you all.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone.
My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
This should help.
t0t0
Hi,
you shouldn’t have to wrap your values between
ARRAY[…], could you try:fragment("? <@ ?", ^list_of_ids, r.list_of_ids)fragment("?::INT[] <@ ?", ^list_of_ids, r.list_of_ids)fragment("? <@ ?", type(^list_of_ids, {:array, :integer}), r.list_of_ids)fragment("? <@ ?", type(^list_of_ids, r.list_of_ids), r.list_of_ids)Nevermind, I believed that Ecto was smart enough to handle it directly (without
splice/1) and the problem was related to typing (this is quite frequent with PostgreSQL).andreh
Common, this is too good to be true! I’ve just removed 2 round-trips to the database and 15 lines of code thanks to you. You made my day!