wlminimal
Hello guys
I am working on Ecto pagination using Scrivener.
First I wanted to paginate contacts in Phonebook. So I did like this.
in phonebook_controller.ex
# Show Contact List
def show(conn, %{"id" => id} = params) do
user = conn.assigns.current_user
phonebook = Contact.get_phonebook!(id, user.id)
# pass the params for pagination
page = Contact.get_people(phonebook.id, params)
render(conn, "show.html", phonebook: phonebook, people: page)
end
in contact.ex
def get_people(phonebook_id, params) do
query = from p in Person, where: p.phonebook_id == ^phonebook_id
Repo.paginate(query, params)
end
And it works,
but I have a Order schema and LineItems as embeds_many like this.
schema "orders" do
field :counts, :integer
field :status, :string
embeds_many :line_items, LineItem, on_replace: :delete
timestamps()
end
what I want to do is to paginate LineItems in the page. But I couldn’t do it..
I tried this.
query = from r in Order, where: r.id == ^recipients_id and r.status == "In Recipients List", select: r.line_items
Texting.Repo.paginate(query, conn.params)
and it returns this
%Scrivener.Page{
entries: [
[
%Texting.Sales.LineItem{
id: "b9f72136-bb83-461b-8362-1cf01c8df306",
name: "john",
person_id: 5,
phone_number: "2134323197"
},
%Texting.Sales.LineItem{
id: "cf0bfd68-7eaf-4ad3-acbe-4001adf4442b",
name: "Mom",
person_id: 1,
phone_number: "1232844340"
},
%Texting.Sales.LineItem{
id: "bbd868be-690a-431a-bd67-07ecf3fe6dd8",
name: "Dad",
person_id: 2,
phone_number: "1234578547"
},
%Texting.Sales.LineItem{
id: "d483dbc2-926a-4493-87df-8edc7242bf81",
name: "Alan",
person_id: 3,
phone_number: "3265412547"
},
%Texting.Sales.LineItem{
id: "8de2f14f-1015-429e-b647-223bb3df2562",
name: "Jimmy",
person_id: 4,
phone_number: "1953254781"
},
%Texting.Sales.LineItem{
id: "5e61b915-b711-4c2e-afa6-e1aecdaf53cd",
name: "Lee",
person_id: 7,
phone_number: "3264123215"
},
%Texting.Sales.LineItem{
id: "f4cefa4a-301c-434a-9a1d-636c8284c380",
name: "Kevin",
person_id: 8,
phone_number: "5559872478"
}
]
],
page_number: 1,
page_size: 5,
total_entries: 1,
total_pages: 1
}
This is something expected.. because line_itmes is a list itself in Order schema. so it is nested list,
Pagination recognize line_item(list) as just 1 entry.
How can I get this working?
Please help! ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mbuhot
Assuming the embeds_many is declared as an array field in Postgres, you should be able to use a
fragmentandunnestto get each item back as a separate row.From there scrivener should work as normal.