benonymus

benonymus

Hey there,

I am trying to make a simple crud application with phoenix only, and I found this guide: https://medium.com/@pngarland/scaffold-out-a-phoenix-application-2d335c25d433
first we would generate a scheme for example: mix phx.gen.schema Team teams name
and then generate the views: mix phx.gen.html Web Team teams name
would it be possible to then generate users similarly with a field that holds a reference to a team that they could be in?
mix phx.gen.schema User users name team ?
or how do we define relations between the table here?
Also would it be possible that when we create a user we would see all of the team that they could be added to?

Thank you

Showing Posts 1 to 3

mbuhot

mbuhot

The docs for phx.gen.schema has an example with relationships:

The generator also supports references, which we will properly associate the
given column to the primary key column of the referenced table:

mix phx.gen.schema Blog.Post blog_posts title user_id:references:users

Edit: Sorry, looks like that generator doesn’t include the ecto relationships, only foreign key references.

The Ecto Association Guide covers adding associations.

benonymus

benonymus OP

Thanks dude

benonymus

benonymus OP

Hey, I got the association set up, according to the guide, and i generated the views too, but how could I make it so that when I create a user I could choose from the existing teams to add them to? To have a reference?

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews