Random `no "*" html template defined for MyAppWeb.*HTML` errors after upgrading to Phoenix 1.7

I’ve been working on upgrading to Phoenix 1.7, and I’m finding that post-upgrade, many (but not all) of the pages on my app are throwing no html template defined errors that I can’t figure out why they’re happening. Some templates are found just fine, and I can’t see a difference between those that work and those that don’t.

I used phx.gen.auth for the user accounts in this app (albeit a while ago, so some things may have changed in the generated code between then and now), but comparing, for example, the user settings page code from phx.gen.auth in a new app, freshly generated, to the code in my own app and I can’t find any differences that would result in the template being missed.

I wish I could provide more context, but I’m at a loss for what’s important. Has anyone has this happen? Here’s some UserSettings code that might be relevant since that’s one of the ones throwing the error:

defmodule MyAppWeb.UserSettingsHtml do
  use MyAppWeb, :html

embed_templates "user_settings_html/*"
end
defmodule MyAppWeb.UserSettingsController do
  use MyAppWeb, :controller

alias MyApp.Accounts
  alias MyApp.Accounts.User
  alias MyAppWeb.UserAuth
  alias Plug.Conn
  alias MyAppWeb.Helpers.CurrentUser

plug(:assign_email_and_password_changesets)

@spec edit(Conn.t(), map) :: Conn.t()
  def edit(conn, _params) do
    render(conn, :edit,
      user: CurrentUser.get(conn),
      stripe_publishable_key: Environment.Stripe.publishable_key()
    )
  end

and the folder structure to show the files are in the right place:

Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 4.58.17 PM

Any ideas?

1 Like

Capitalize HTML

defmodule MyAppWeb.UserSettingsHTML

2 Likes

Oh my god I can’t believe that was it.

Thank you I would never have fucking caught that!

Haha np. It can be a little bit if a leaning curve but ultimately I think the convention is very well done.