ovaris
Hi, I’m new to Nerves and as a first project I was planning to create project where Zero is used as “smart” USB drive. Host would be storing video files on the drive and I would have some sort of file watcher on Nerves and it would react (upload to some cloud storage) when new files appears on the drive etc. And maybe running Phoenix web server for browsing files by connecting to Zero wifi.
Any pointers that could get me started on right track?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
lucaong
You might want to look into
ConfigFS. Check out this article for a start on how to configure different USB gadgets, especially the “Mass Storage” section: Composite USB Gadgets on the Raspberry Pi Zero | iSticktoit.netThe article is written with Raspbian in mind, but you can do the same in Nerves. You can take inspiration from this proof-of-concept repo where I setup the RPi4 USB-C as a USB Keyboard gadget: GitHub - lucaong/nerves_rpi4_hid_gadget_poc: Proof of concept of enabling USB-C gadget mode on Raspberry Pi 4 with Nerves · GitHub
My repo is based on a RPi4, but it shows one possible approach to do what the article says on Nerves. In the case of the RPi Zero, the USB port is already configured in OTG mode, but you might to do something similar to this pull request to enable ConfigFS: Switch to ConfigFS for USB Gadgets by GregMefford · Pull Request #62 · nerves-project/nerves_system_rpi0 · GitHub
One thing: most Nerves systems do not include the Debian version of common command line utilities, and use BusyBox instead. For this reason, things like
echo -n ...orlndo not work exactly like in Raspbian. Pay attention to that when porting the scripts in the articleovaris
Thanks @lucaong, I’m too newbie with a) Nerves b) Linux systems to understand how to put all together
What would help me to get forward is some clear step-by-step guide howto pull this through.