Real-time Phoenix (Pragprog)

Thanks for that link. I thought maybe it was related to a technical aspect of e-readers, but I see it’s about the flow of the book. I think it should have a similar flow, because Pragmatic really spends a lot of time on making sure that the particular type of flow you mentioned is used in their books (at least the Elixir ones). My editor has been great on that front. If you do find anything that’s not friendly, I’d definitely look at correcting during the beta period.

The book has 3 parts that focus on different aspects of real-time systems and Phoenix Channels. Deeper foundation dive into WebSockets, all about Phoenix Channels, and moving into concepts like building a data pipeline with GenStage (one of my favorite parts). Future chapters get into turning all of that foundational knowledge into a real application.

The great thing about LiveView is that once you understand the foundations of Channels, PubSub, and general real-time concepts, it becomes very easy to understand LiveView. I’m hoping that these foundations will get developers going in the best way possible.

21 Likes