Real-time Phoenix (Pragprog)

Anyone else having an issue opening the B5.0 ePub file with Books on iOS ? Not sure if it’s related to the formatting issues I’m seeing.

​ ​# cURL command abbreviated, paste your copied command​
​ ​# Include all of the headers that came with the copied command​
​ ​$ ​​curl​​ ​​-i​​ ​​'http://localhost:4000/socket/websocket?vsn=2.0.0’​​ ​​-H…​
​ HTTP/1.1 101 Switching Protocols
​ connection: Upgrade
​ date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 01:29:18 GMT
​ sec-websocket-accept: afAAVeJV/iyu1ZxFEE6HMzL0ha0=
​ server: Cowboy
​ upgrade: websocket

Hey that’s definitely strange. I checked out B5.0 ePub on Books (iOS 13.1.3) and that page looks correct to me. I wonder if yours somehow generated incorrectly, or if it’s using a font that’s not on your device for some reason. Is there a re-download option?

Regenerating the ePub file did the trick.

Alright, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays folks. The B6.0 release just went out today.

Chapter 12 dives into BEAM Scheduler and Garbage Collection basics. You’ll also see an example of how to use the Observer CLI program to view stats of a live BEAM node.

Chapters 13 and 14 are in the hopper and going through review. I imagine we’ll keep with a 2 week schedule for these.

Regarding Kindle formatting issue—I have an open item to convert the figures so that the text appears on Kindle. Hopefully that will be in the next beta.

5 Likes

Hey everyone

The final chapters are out in beta. LiveView and React—it’s pretty fun!

The Kindle image issue is fixed in the latest release. I verified locally with an epub reader but I don’t have a proper eink Kindle. If you see any issues with the images, feel free to @me directly or make an errata.

That’s it for now! The book is having some final changes and will then go into the final production process.

-Steve

9 Likes

Congratulation and thank you! The betas have been great to follow and it’s an incredibly useful book and I love that we are starting to get some more advanced and in-depth books written for Elixir now.

1 Like

When is it approximately out in its final version? I will buy it straight away.

I think approx timeline is mid April.

Hello Friends…

The coupon seems expired… Do you know if there is one available?
I almost buy every elixir related books… I’m interested to add this one and Designing Elixir systems with OTP while I’m here…

I bought it yesterday and the code was expired when I checked out.
I’m nearing the end of Part I and it’s been great. I’ve been using LiveView and admittedly didn’t have a good understanding of the foundations it is built upon so this is filling in the gaps. Looking forward to working all the way through the book!

As for me, I’m planning to buy some books in once so I prefer to wait for a coupon :blush: now I missed the %40 off from past month…

Sounds completely reasonable. I was just too impatient! :grinning:

1 Like

We have a new coupon coming soon, can you hold off a few weeks? :smiley:

3 Likes

Sure! Particularly if it’ll apply to the whole cart :wink:

1 Like

It will indeed :003:

(Well, ebooks only! :lol:)

4 Likes

I would like to know as well!

4 Likes

Hello AstonJ…
Any update about the upcoming discount code?

This month :smiley:

Mid month onwards hopefully :smiley:

3 Likes

Does this book have stuff on LiveView?

@sb8244

Yes it does have a chapter on LiveView, but it’s not a LiveView book. You’ll walk away more readily understanding and learning LiveView.

The book’s table of contents is not yet updated online—I believe the plan is to update it once it’s out of the production review process.

3 Likes