zeroexcuses
Besides https://elixir-lang.org/getting-started/basic-types.html are there any other well recommended “elixir by example” style resources / books ?
There’s http://www.elixirbyexample.org/ which has < 10 short examples.
There’s https://elixir-examples.github.io/ but there seems to be high overlap with the getting started guide.
I’m looking for material that is a bit more advanced, but still of the “here are lots of full examples” style rather than the “let me write paragraphs of text motivating what we are going to do” style.
Trending in Chat/Questions
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
stefanchrobot
How about José’s Advent of Code live coding?
Sebb
Exercism Elixir track - if you do not want to solve them by yourself, look at existing solutions, also: GitHub - elixirkoans/elixir-koans: Elixir learning exercises · GitHub.
dimitarvp
I have found Rosetta Code useful several times.
cmo
elixircasts.io?
eksperimental
Etudes for Elixir, it’s an open source book. You can read the chapters for free here:
https://github.com/oreillymedia/etudes-for-elixir
shansiddiqui94
how do you find solutions for Exercism, I can’t unlock?
Sebb
does this help?
shansiddiqui94
Yes thank you