vitorquintanilha
Hello there.
I’m using ecto 3.10.3, ecto_sql 3.10.1 and postgrex0.17.2 on a rather simple service. For reason beyond my control my Postgres DB faces some small downtimes every now and then. This trigger alerts that are annoying for my team.
I wanted to make my service more resilient to those downtimes. Specifically, I wanted to have my service trying to reconnect to the DB for a couple of minutes before crashing/logging errors.
I’ve found that postgresx has some configuration options like backoff_type and max_restarts, which I think could help me. However, I see that on ecto_sql those seem to be forced to be backoff_type: :stop and max_restarts: 0.
Is there any other way I can make my system more resilient to small DB downtimes?
Thanks
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Happy Friday, all! :slight_smile:
Our October meetup is coming up next week - Wednesday, October 14th at 19h CET via Zoom! This month we...
New
We have 4 in-person tickets to Code BEAM Europe 2026 (21-22 October, PHIL Haarlem) to give away:
1 diversity ticket (sponsored by AppSi...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
ruslandoga
I’m pretty sure reconnections are on by default
Would you be able to link it? GitHub search doesn’t seem to pick these up: Code search results · GitHub
cevado
Can you provide the error message? And the scenario of that messages? Given what you said I’m assuming it is actually breaking your app and on app restart it doesn’t apply the backoff strategy.
afaik
backoff_typeuses the default of db_connection that is:rand_exp. but anyway, you can override that configuration on your configyou could do: