horus

horus

Hi everyone!
I’m actually working with ueberuath for google login, the app works with subdomains, and I had to add for each subdomain a URI in the google console to make it work (the subdomains work with their own router and controller), now I’m trying to handle the callbacks with the normal controller and when the request come from a subdomain I want to redirect to a subdomain router route but for some reason when I redirect it redirect me to the same controller so I never get into the other controller to continue the flow as I spected.

Normal controller

def callback(%{assigns: %{ueberauth_failure: _fails}} = conn, _params) do
    IO.inspect(conn, label: "WRONG CALLBACK")

    conn
    |> put_flash(:error, "Failed to authenticate.")
    |> redirect(to: "/")
  end

  def callback(
        %{
          assigns: %{ueberauth_auth: %{info: user, provider: provider}},
          query_params: %{"state" => state},
          state: state_required
        } = conn,
        _params
      ) do
    IO.inspect(state_required, label: "WORKED ON AUTH")

    conn
    |> redirect(to: SubdomainRoutes.listeners_auth_path(conn, :callback, provider))
    |> IO.inspect(label: "REDIRECT!")
  end

  def callback(
        %{
          assigns: %{ueberauth_auth: %{info: user, provider: provider}}
        } = conn,
        _params
      ) do
    user_params =
      user
      |> Map.from_struct()
      |> Map.put(:provider, provider)

    %{user: user_params}
    |> Accounts.find_or_create()
    |> sign_in(conn)
  end

Subdomain controller

def callback(%{assigns: %{ueberauth_failure: _fails}} = conn, _params) do
    IO.inspect(conn, label: "REDIRECT FAILED")

    conn
    |> put_flash(:error, "Failed to authenticate.")
    |> redirect(to: "/")
  end

  def callback(
        %{
          assigns: %{
            ueberauth_auth: %{
              info: %{email: email, name: name},
              extra: %{raw_info: %{user: user}}
            }
          },
          host: host
        } = conn,
        _params
      ) do
    IO.inspect("", label: "REDIRECT SUCCESS")
    authenticate_according_to_host(host, conn, user, email, name)
  end

So when the callback uses the redirect it send me to the first callback which is the error clause instead of sending me to the callback in the other controller

Maybe anyone know how can I accomplish this?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

al2o3cr

al2o3cr

Hard to say for certain without seeing the router config, but if you’re hoping to redirect to a subdomain you may need to change this - the _path routing helpers always return a path (starts with /) relative to the current origin.

Depending on the specific of your router, you may also need to pass the subdomain’s Endpoint to the route helper (to get the right host / protocol / etc)

horus

horus OP

Hi thanksfor your answer, actually I solved this by using the redirect with external: instead of to: and used a URI struct instead of a conn

  uri = %URI{scheme: "http", host: state, port: 4000}

    conn
    |> redirect(external: SubdomainRoutes.listeners_auth_url(uri, :callback, provider, params))
    |> IO.inspect(label: "REDIRECT!")

but the problem is that I always got a bad request error when the second router receives ueberauth redirect

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews