MarcoTrevisiol
I am releasing a small elixir app with mix release. Since I only need the release to run on a linux machine, I do not need any .bat script. I added the option in mix.exs to only include executable for unix. Yet I am not able to get rid of them.
What I did:
mix new example
cd example
then I added the following line in mix.exs, inside “project” function:
releases: [example: [include_executable_for: [:unix]]],
Finally I run mix release. But when I look inside _build/dev/rel/example I find some .bat scripts
$ find _build/ -name '*.bat'
_build/dev/rel/example/releases/0.1.0/env.bat
_build/dev/rel/example/bin/example.bat
I am running the latest stable release of elixir:
$ mix --version
Erlang/OTP 25 [erts-13.1.5] [source] [64-bit] [smp:2:2] [ds:2:2:10] [async-threads:1] [jit:ns]
Mix 1.17.3 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 25)
Is there any way to not include these .bat script inside the release? Should I do something differently?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Nicodemus
This is working correctly for me with the same version of Elixir, in that there are no “*.bat” files in my release. Are you sure you removed “_build/dev/rel” after adding that option to “mix.exs”? They might be hanging around from the first time you ran
mix releasebefore adding the option?wojtekmach
You have a typo, change:
This is pretty unfortunate, I’m not sure if we can do much about it though. If Elixir allowed people setting custom release options, which can be very useful for custom tooling, then we should keep that. Or introduce an
:extraoption that would be a place for custom options and then we could warn on typos likeinclude_executable_for.MarcoTrevisiol
Of course, I did not check for any typo!
I do not know if some tool like
mix credoshould be able to inform users about unused configuration, sincemixshould not be allowed to perform such checks.