jeramyRR

jeramyRR

Hi all!

I’ve built my project using MIX_ENV=prod mix release and using the following command I start up my application:

nohup rel/ram_disk_daemon/bin/ram_disk_daemon start > "$OUT_FILE" 2>&1 &

This works fine, but when I go to stop it using the command below it stops my Elixir app, but it does not kill the epmd service.

rel/ram_disk_daemon/bin/ram_disk_daemon stop

Doing a ps -ef shows the erlang service still running.
rel/ram_disk_daemon/erts-13.1.1/bin/epmd -daemon

Is this a known bug, or is there something else I’m supposed to do (something else other than manually killing the process)?

Showing Posts 1 to 3

jeramyRR

jeramyRR OP

Forgot to add that this service is running on CentOS 7.

josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

Erlang/Elixir does not kill epmd after running. If that’s a must for you, then you could have your own scripts to start the project and that shuts down epmd afterwards. If you are not using epmd or distribution, you can also set the release to not use distribution and then epmd won’t even start.

jeramyRR

jeramyRR OP

I’m not using distribution for this project so I’ll fix how I’m creating my release. I am using it for another though, so I’ll have to write those scripts. Thanks for the reply.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews