josefrichter
This may be dumb, but when I navigate e.g. from show page back to index page (hitting back button in browser), it doesn’t trigger a database fetch. Is that phoenix, or some browser caching? In any case, can I force the fetch? I do some changes in associated records that are then not reflected on previous page.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
derek-zhou
It is the browser. You will have to resort to some javascript wizardry to force the fetch.
josefrichter
Hmm, actually another way around it would be LiveView, wouldn’t it? Even the cached page would establish soviet connection and start receiving changes in real time, right?
dimitarvp
You likely are better off using LiveView for your project as we chatted a little while ago anyway, so yep.
josefrichter
Lol wtf autocorrect
Yes, I guess LV is making sense for more and more pieces here.
derek-zhou
Yes. The javascript wizardry I was referring to is simply:
trisolaran
You are correct, if you are using LV and are jumping between views using
live_redirectthere’s no need for any additional JavaScript. When you hit the browser’s back button your LV will perform a stateful mount and callmountandhandle_params. Where did you place the logic that fetches data from the DB? As long as it’s triggered from these 2 callbacks, you should be fine. Maybe put some debug code inmountandhandle_paramsto convince yourself that they are being called.