Remote is hiring an Elixir backend engineer (Remote, Full-time)

About us

Remote is THE global platform that enables companies to employ people anywhere in the world, taking away all legal and compliance complexities. Remote handles global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance for businesses big and small. (read more about how it works). As we expand our country basis and the features we offer to make global employment the future of work the automation and product requirements grow exponentially and that’s why we’re hiring an Elixir (backend) Engineer.

My name: Marcelo Lebre
My position: CTO and co-founder
Company name: Remote
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):

Remote is fully remote (ah!) and you can read more about us here. More specifically, the team you’ll be joining: 11 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, DevOps and QA. We currently run a very horizontal team structure and report directly to the CTO.

We currently run two phoenix apps, one as Fullstack (frontend + backend) and a pure API backend.

About the job

Job title: Software Engineer (Backend)
Position on remote work: We are fully remote.

Requirements

Must have (professional experience):

• At least one year working with Elixir and Phoenix
  • Postgres (or similar)
  • Redis (Similar)
  • CI/CD (GitLab, Github, Jenkins or similar)
  • Docker

Nice to have

• Kubernetes
  • Elasticsearch
  • AWS
  • Nextjs
  • React/Vue/Angular

Benefits

• Unlimited personal time off - See Time off
  • The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable
  • Good salary and company options
  • Training budget

Hiring Proces

1. (async) Application is reviewed
  2. Interview with your future manager (CTO)
  3. (async) Super small code task (you’re not expected to waste more than 2 - 4 hours)
  4. Interview with the team (without any manager in the call so you can really get to know the people and ask all you want to ask)
  5. (async) Reference calls
  6. (async) Offer

If you have more questions you can either comment here or reach out to me on twitter @marcelo_lebre

Apply here

12 Likes

Very cool. Just dropped you guys an application. Looks like you’ve had quite a few applicants after checking your twitter. Are you still looking at applications?

-Brady Fontenot

1 Like

Really appreciate it!

Yes we have a good deal of applications and on top of that I’m off on holidays these two weeks so I’ll be a bit slow to respond - sorry for this, I’ll go as fast as my son allows me to :wink: