Remote is THE global platform that enables companies to employ people anywhere in the world, taking away all legal and compliance complexities. Remote handles global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance for businesses big and small. (read more about how it works). As we expand our country basis and the features we offer to make global employment the future of work the automation and product requirements grow exponentially and that’s why we’re hiring an Elixir (backend) Engineer.
My name: Marcelo Lebre
My position: CTO and co-founder
Company name: Remote
Country: (All) Remote
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):
Remote is fully remote (ah!) and you can read more about us here. More specifically, the team you’ll be joining: 11 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, DevOps and QA. We currently run a very horizontal team structure and report directly to the CTO.
We currently run two phoenix apps, one as Fullstack (frontend + backend) and a pure API backend.
About the job
Job title: Software Engineer (Backend)
Position on remote work: We are fully remote.
Must have (professional experience):
- At least one year working with Elixir and Phoenix
- Postgres (or similar)
- Redis (Similar)
- CI/CD (GitLab, Github, Jenkins or similar)
Nice to have
- Unlimited personal time off - See Time off
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable
- Good salary and company options
- Training budget
- (async) Application is reviewed
- Interview with your future manager (CTO)
- (async) Super small code task (you’re not expected to waste more than 2 - 4 hours)
- Interview with the team (without any manager in the call so you can really get to know the people and ask all you want to ask)
- (async) Reference calls
- (async) Offer
If you have more questions you can either comment here or reach out to me on twitter @marcelo_lebre