Rich_Morin
ExDoc adds documentation for several Phoenix functions to each of my View pages:
__phoenix_recompile__?()__resource__()__templates__()render(template, assigns \\ %{})template_not_found(template, assigns)
These entries (and their index entries) are basically noise, from my point of view. I suspect that they are being brought in via a use statement; is there a way to remove them?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
benwilson512
Phoenix would probably accept a PR that added
@doc falseabove them. Without that I don’t know of a way to remove them.Rich_Morin
The
template.exandview.exfiles already contain@docentries for these functions. Because they are located inside macros, they get brought in byusestatements. However, the code is beyond my pay grade to modify:It’s also possible that someone wants these functions to be documented in every View. So, before I even post an issue, I’d like to get a bit more feedback. (ducks)
NobbZ
Try to add an empty head before the
use, eg:I have not tested it but might work.
Rich_Morin
I’m afraid I don’t understand how to implement this suggestion. It sounds like I would need to put five sets of
@doc falseanddef foo()statements before theuse PhxHttpWeb, :viewline in each of my View files.Even if this worked, it would not be pretty, though I suppose I could create a file that encapsulated all of the fugliness and invoke it with another
usestatement. Did you have something like this in mind?NobbZ
You could put those in the
viewfunction ofPhxHttpWebas well. Assuming that technique works at all…Anyway, personally I consider those entries a bug. At least the underscored ones look like implementation details…
OvermindDL1
I personally like everything being documented that is publicly accessible and called. ^.^
Even if it’s first line is “INTERNAL USE ONLY”, it should still be documented as to what it takes and does and all.
outlog
https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix/commit/a8cb0d15b25dd1c5a08c9d1e42711daba7e48f1b