rameshsharma
remove xml declaration in payload response in elixir and phoenix.
I want to remove the below from xml response, can someone please guide how to do it?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
benwilson512
How are you generating this response?
rameshsharma
Thanks Ben for quick reply. Steps below-
xml = “my request xml here”
wsdl_url = “https://sandbox.ws-idu.tracesmart.co.uk/v5.6/?wsdl”
headers = [{“content-type”, “text/xml”}]
benwilson512
Are you parsing the XML response?
rameshsharma
To look into the response, I am doing
IO.puts(“#{body}”)
I am getting ‘<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>’ before the actual response, which I want to remove Ben.
rameshsharma
No parsing, just this much as above. I just want to remove the header from the response.
rameshsharma
I can send the request xml as well, if you need.
rameshsharma
The issue is resolved now.
dimitarvp
How? You should leave some info for future readers.
rameshsharma
I could not get any information on removing the xml declaration. I could not remove that till now.
What I could resolve was my issue of storing the response xml data in database.
dimitarvp
But why would you want to remove the XML header? That makes the XML invalid.