Linuus

Linuus

I’m going to build a small raspberry pi weather and bus dashboard thing with scenic and Nerves. I’m currently looking at some weather icons and wonder if Scenic supports rendering of animated svgs such as animated-climacons/svgs/cloudDrizzleAlt.svg at master · noahblon/animated-climacons · GitHub

Does anyone know?

Showing Posts 1 to 5

wolfiton

wolfiton

Hey

It should support 2D animation but not 3D or 3D drawing.

This was my conclusion after reading this from the official github page GitHub - ScenicFramework/scenic: Core Scenic library · GitHub

Non-Goals

  • Browser: Scenic is not a web browser. It is aimed at a fixed screen devices and certain types of windowed apps. It knows nothing about HTML.
  • 3D: Scenic is a 2D UI framework. It uses techniques from game development (such as transform matrices), but it does not support 3D drawing at this time.
  • Immediate Mode: In graphics speak, Scenic is a retained mode system. If you need immediate mode, then Scenic isn’t for you. If you don’t know what retained and immediate modes are, then you are probably just fine. For reference: HTML is a retained mode model.

So I think that your svg’s should render correctly.

axelson

axelson

Scenic Core Team

Scenic does not include an SVG renderer so you’re best bet would be to convert the animated SVG to a series of images and then display those.

wolfiton

wolfiton

Thank you for clarifying this dilemma, I thought that it should provide support for SVG(2D) but I seem’s that it doesn’t, good to know

wolfiton

wolfiton

So @axelson, you are suggesting to @Linuus to convert the SVGS to gifs?

Linuus

Linuus OP

Hm I see. Perhaps I’ll just start with static images then :slight_smile:

Thanks!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews