jswanner
I guess you can say @wojtekmach nerd sniped me into trying out backing Req.Test mocks with Bandit, so that your test Req test requests are actually going through an HTTP stack (instead of only invoking a Plug function). You can optionally use X509 in order to use HTTPS for those test requests.
Caveat: I have no idea if this is a good idea or not, but it’s fun to play with and it’s working for me!
With ReqTestBandit, you still use Req.Test to register the stub & mock requests, and it still uses Req.Test’s ownership model, in fact as a user of this library not much needs to change.
If you have a setup similar to that given in Req.Test’s example, then you’d want to add bandit: true to the app config:
config :myapp, weather_req_options: [
bandit: true,
plug: {Req.Test, MyApp.Weather},
x509: true # optional, if you want to use HTTPS
]
Lastly the plugin needs to be attached:
def get_temperature(location) do
[
base_url: "https://weather-service",
params: [location: location]
]
|> Keyword.merge(Application.get_env(:myapp, :weather_req_options, []))
|> Req.new()
|> ReqTestBandit.attach()
|> Req.request()
end
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
wojtekmach
This is awesome! Req.Test started out as something pretty similar, GitHub - wojtekmach/bandit_mock · GitHub.
jswanner
I’m not sure if this is along the lines of what you had in mind when you said “Req.Test mocks backed by Bandit,” and if it’s not then I’d love to hear your thoughts.
wojtekmach
Yup, that’s what I had in mind. Id still like to have something like this built-in but now that a package exists, less priority!
Btw, for upcoming Req v0.6, I’m planning to make this change (with deprecation)
So it will be more natural for your package that actually does make a real request. Stay tuned!