Rich_Morin

Rich_Morin

After programming computers for fifty years, I still enjoy creating clean, readable code. Elixir and Phoenix are my choices for web development, but I frequently use Ruby for smaller scripts. A prototype version of my current project (Pete’s Alley) is available online:

I’ve also done a lot of writing, editing, and documentation review. For example, I reviewed and (lightly) edited the UNIX “man pages” for Apple’s initial release of Mac OS X. I also developed a mechanized documentation suite for the Flight Software on the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope’s Large Area Telescope. My writing has been published in MacTech, SunExpert, and Unix Review, along with several software collections I created for Prime Time Freeware.

I’m available for short term and part time assignments, doing design, development, and documentation. Although I strongly prefer to work remotely, I’m happy to attend meetings in the SF Bay Area and (occasionally) elsewhere.

If you need a seasoned developer and wordsmith to help on your project, I’d be delighted to talk to you. The best way to reach me is by email (rdm@cfcl.com, r.d.morin@gmail.com).

Showing Posts 1 to 1

Rich_Morin

Rich_Morin OP

Tasks such as code clean-up, documentation, and refactoring are important, but not urgent. Consequently, they are commonly pushed aside, in favor of adding features and fixing critical bugs. The resulting build-up of technical debt is annoying and may even impair ongoing development.

If your project has these sorts of issues, please consider contacting me for (paid) assistance. I am particularly interested in helping out with tasks such as:

  • adding typespecs and pacifying dialyzer
  • documenting key algorithms and data structures
  • documenting system architecture and interaction
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Member Profiles Top

T0ha666
Hey everyone, I’m Anton, a full-stack developer and systems architect with 15 years of experience, most of it spent deep in Elixir/OTP a...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews