RPC on Elixir for web API?

Tired of old REST/GraphQL web APIs I am wondering if there is a library for building Elixir APIs on/with RPC ?
I’ve been using trpc - nice, swift, easy to deploy - but on Node & Typescript; I feel the need of something similar on Elixir.

I found Erlang rpc but this module is very cryptic for me, impossible to use. An Elixir wrapper would be great.

1 Like

Can look into gRCP

1 Like

If you don’t mind to use gRPC then you can read this blog:

by @akoutmos

1 Like

Mmmm… thanks I am already aware of gRPC, is there something else available ? Maybe a wrapper around Erlang rpc module ?

Anyway the gRPC Elixir library doesn’t seem very mature (v.0.3.1 and this long todo)

What specifically are you looking for? “Something else” doesn’t give folks much insight into your criteria.

For instance, CORBA is “something else” - it was even part of the OTP distribution until OTP 21 (2018)! You almost certainly do NOT want it. GitHub - erlang/corba: The Corba and Cos* applications from OTP

1 Like

That TODO List have all boxes ticked:

Screenshot from 2022-03-29 19-22-52

So, nothing more left to do on that list.

The latest tag is 0.4.0 not 0.3.1:

you’re right, my mistake. Thanks but not interested in this anyway.

@al2o3cr Thanks but was asking for Elixir not Erlang, that has already a rpc module.

“Something else” such as I specified initially, something similar to trpc:

I’ve been using trpc - nice, swift, easy to deploy

Quote from trcp website:

tRPC allows you to easily build & consume fully typesafe APIs, without schemas or code generation

LE: Or maybe “something” that implements JSON-RPC 2.0 Specification where I could specify my own methods, in my own way, beyond the get/post/put/delete of REST. :love_you_gesture:t3:

If nothing existing suits your needs then it might be the time to implement it yourself and share it with the world.

3 Likes

Twirp

Twirp is a framework for service-to-service communication emphasizing simplicity and minimalism.
JSON & Protocol Buffers.

twirp-elixir

2 Likes