Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background
I have been for trying to make observer work for ages now without success. So in my search for alternatives, I found a hex package called observer_cli.
It is a library that once executed gives you all the information of the app like observer does, but via a CLI. This means I can put it in the production machine and see it live, without any pesky ssh tunnels nor anything. Like htop but for BEAM.
Problem
There are actually 2 problems:
- This seems to require
iexto run (all the examples use it) but the production machine does not have elixir, only erlang. - It is a library and needs to be inside a project.
Question
How do I turn observer_cli into a standalone executable that I can run in machine containing only erlang?
I have seen they have a escriptize but I don’t know what that means, nor do I understand the instructions (rebar3?)
Would appreciate some help.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
Other Trending Topics
ArcGIS for Elixir provides convenient, idiomatic access to ArcGIS REST APIs to Elixir applications. It supports user authentication, Arc...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
van-mronov
If use distillery release you can start remote console by
<your app name> remote_console.And then run
observer_cliby:observer_cli.start.Fl4m3Ph03n1x
The idea is to use it locally, and no we don’t use distillery
van-mronov
By use it locally, you mean run
observer_clion your dev machine and connect to remote prod server? In that case I guess you have to resolve the same problems as with GUIobserver.Fl4m3Ph03n1x
I mean I am in the production machine, and I want to attach it to the running application and check it.