jononomo

jononomo

So I have a Phoenix web application in progress. I am able to generate documentation for my codebase using the ex_doc tool – when I run mix docs I get the documentation output into the doc/ folder.

I can then open this doc/ folder, double click on index.html, and view these docs in my browser at file:///Users/jon/myapp/doc/api-reference.html (because index.html just redirects to api_reference.html).

However, I would like these docs to be part of my Phoenix web application – in other words, I would like them available in production at the domain where my app is running. So if my app is running at myapp.com, then I would like to be able to see the docs at a URL like 应用宝官网-全网最新最热手机应用游戏下载

Also, the documentation for ex_doc (ExDoc — ExDoc v0.40.3) instructs me to include the following in my mix.exs file:

def deps do
[
{:ex_doc, “~> 0.24”, only: :dev, runtime: false},
]
end

I’m curious what the runtime: false option does.

Thanks.

Showing Posts 1 to 2

aswinmohanme

aswinmohanme

runtime: false means the package will not be available in production. Combined with only: :dev means the package is available in development mode. This means you can generate the documentation only in the development and the build phase and the package won’t be available when the app is running in production mode.

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

You shouldn’t need ex_doc in production. There are few ways to generate documentation e.g. when building a release. Make sure the doc/ folder is retained with the release (overlay or copy into priv/) and then you can serve the docs using Plug.Static within phoenix.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews