shagflak
I have a freshly created hello app I did the steps to configure the database and ran mix ecto.create everything went fine and smooth it connects fine to the db and successfully runs the server.
Now the real doubt that I have (since I’m a novice dev using phoenix) is that when I run mix test on the root of the project I notice it starts compiling files and doing kind of the same that it happens when you run phx.serverbut in this case it throws me an error saying that the connection with the user “posgres” failed
17:17:39.593 [error] GenServer #PID<0.285.0> terminating
** (Postgrex.Error) FATAL 28P01 (invalid_password) password authentication failed for user "postgres"
(db_connection 2.4.2) lib/db_connection/connection.ex:100: DBConnection.Connection.connect/2
(connection 1.1.0) lib/connection.ex:622: Connection.enter_connect/5
(stdlib 4.1.1) proc_lib.erl:240: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Last message: nil
State: Postgrex.Protocol
17:17:39.756 [error] GenServer #PID<0.293.0> terminating
** (Postgrex.Error) FATAL 28P01 (invalid_password) password authentication failed for user "postgres"
(db_connection 2.4.2) lib/db_connection/connection.ex:100: DBConnection.Connection.connect/2
(connection 1.1.0) lib/connection.ex:622: Connection.enter_connect/5
(stdlib 4.1.1) proc_lib.erl:240: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Last message: nil
State: Postgrex.Protocol
** (Mix) The database for Hello.Repo couldn't be created: killed
- I’m running PosgreSQL 15 directly over windows 10 no docker container
- Elixir 1.14.1 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 23)
- Phoenix v1.6.15
I read other threads similar to my issue but is still making me noise that it runs fine when running the server but it fails when running mix test, am I missing something obvious?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
BrightEyesDavid
Hi. The tests use a separate database to that used when running in dev mode. You’ll need to check, and update if necessary, the dev config file’s repo config, and arrange for whatever PostgreSQL user you set there to have create permission.
shagflak
Hey David!, thanks for replying, You are right and also realized that a few mins ago reading another answer on stackoverflow
i edited the
config/test.exsto have the right password and now I was able to run the tests on my hello appIt is also new for me that for tests uses his own db, I will read in detail the docs for mix test on hexdocs and find more about how this works, thanks for the help really appreciatte it.