eloy
I’m playing around with membrane, trying to save an RTP stream from an IP camera to file. Using code from some demos I managed to get the the video stream and send it to a hls stream to make sure it works. At this point my code looks like this:
def handle_init(opts) do
%{audio_port: audio_port, video_port: video_port} = opts
spec = %ParentSpec{
children: [
video_src: %Membrane.Element.UDP.Source{
local_port_no: video_port,
},
audio_src: %Membrane.Element.UDP.Source{
local_port_no: audio_port,
},
rtp: %RTP.SessionBin{
secure?: false,
},
],
links: [
link(:video_src) |> via_in(:rtp_input) |> to(:rtp),
link(:audio_src) |> via_in(:rtp_input) |> to(:rtp)
]
}
{{:ok, spec: spec}, %{}}
end
defp handle_stream(%{video: video_ssrc, table: table}) do
spec = %ParentSpec{
children: %{
video_parser: %Membrane.H264.FFmpeg.Parser{framerate: {30, 1}, alignment: :au, attach_nalus?: true},
video_payloader: Membrane.MP4.Payloader.H264,
video_cmaf_muxer: Membrane.MP4.CMAF.Muxer,
hls: %Membrane.HTTPAdaptiveStream.Sink {
manifest_module: Membrane.HTTPAdaptiveStream.HLS,
target_window_duration: 10 |> Membrane.Time.seconds(),
storage: %Membrane.HTTPAdaptiveStream.Storages.FileStorage{directory: "output"}
}
},
links: [
link(:rtp)
|> via_out(Pad.ref(:output, video_ssrc))
|> to(:video_parser)
|> to(:video_payloader)
|> to(:video_cmaf_muxer)
|> via_in(:input)
|> to(:hls)
],
stream_sync: :sinks
}
[spec: spec]
end
I’d like to replace the hls output and save the stream to a avi or mp4 file. Is it possible?
Thanks!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mickel8
Hi @eloy,
I am not sure if this is possible with current
mp4_plugin.What you can try is to save this stream as h264 video and play it with ffmpeg or use ffmpeg to convert it to mp4 file.
To save something to file
You can use
membrane_file_plugin.To play h264 video using ffmpeg
ffplay -f h264 video.h264.The
-foption stands forformat.To convert h264 file to mp4 one
ffmpeg -framerate 24 -i video.h264 -c copy video.mp4(source)The
-ioption stands forinput.The
-coption stands forcodecso that-c copymeans that streams will be copied into output file i.e. no reencoding will be performed.The
-framerateis video framerate. I think you can try to omit it.mekusigjinn
I dunno if RTP is same as RTMP, but Underjord blog has a post on how he made the streamed video saved while it also streamed. Maybe worth a look?
mat-hek
RTP and RTMP are totally different protocols and the blog shows how to dump to HLS, not MP4
Membrane can dump both RTP and RTMP to HLS, while dumping to MP4 requires transcoding. Dumping to MP4 without transcoding is not really straightforward, but support for that is coming too: Opus payloader and allowing in-band parameters with H264 Payloads by daniel-jodlos · Pull Request #38 · membraneframework/membrane_mp4_plugin · GitHub.